New directors named for Gulf Finance Corp
Dubai, June 3, 2012
Shuaa Capital, a leading financial services institution in the GCC, has appointed Steffen Schubert and John Blanthorne to the board of directors of its wholly owned lending business, Gulf Finance Corporation (GFC).
Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Al Maktoum, executive chairman of Shuaa Capital and chairman of Gulf Finance said: “These board appointments bring significant international board room experience as well as a deep understanding of building out financial services businesses in both developed and emerging markets. Their advice will be invaluable as we institutionalize GFC in anticipation of its expansion.”
Schubert is a chartered director of the Institute of Directors (IOD) in the UK and serves as a non-executive director on multiple boards throughout Europe and the Middle East. Previously, Schubert was the CEO of the Dubai International Financial Exchange.
John Blanthorne is an experienced international financial services expert, having completed 35 years with HSBC Bank throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the Pacific region. He is currently a director of two banks in East Africa.
The board also includes Dr Sabah Al-Binali, Vice Chairman; and Hesham Al Qassim (member). – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Deutsche Bank named top FX bank in Mideast
- Doha bourse breaks key 9,000 level
- UAE economic growth hit 4.4pc in 2012
- DFM firms achieve 100pc compliance
- NBK Egypt unit Q1 profit up 15.3pc
- Barclays names key official for Abu Dhabi
- MEPS, Umniah ink MasterCard services deal
- Bahrain insurance market ‘set to grow’
- Takaful poised for big growth
- Qatar Holding, Italy fund eye Versace