Top banking awards for HSBC and SABB
Manama, June 8, 2012
HSBC and its affiliate Saudi British Bank (SABB), scooped seven awards at the Euromoney Middle East awards, the most for any bank.
Euromoney awards are recognised as one of the most prestigious international banking awards in the industry and are given to institutions that demonstrate leadership, innovation, and momentum in the markets in which they excel.
"While this year has not been without its challenges, HSBC has remained open for business throughout and has maintained its commitment to the region, one that stretches back over half a century," said HSBC Middle East deputy chairman and chief executive Simon Cooper.
"The Mena region is a fundamental part of HSBC's strategy and we continue to grow and invest in this significant emerging market.
"We would like to take this opportunity to thank our clients and dedicated staff. Without them, we could not have won these awards," he noted.
"We are delighted to be able to pick up these important awards," remarked HSBC head of global banking and markets Mohammed Al Tuwajiri.
"Not only are these a testament to our regional ability, but they also demonstrate the breadth of our business in Mena.
"These awards are proof that we are not only the bank to arrange a client's bond, or help them raise money with an IPO, but that we're also the bank that can help them with their regular day-to-day business needs," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity