StanChart wins big at Retail Banker awards
Manama, June 14, 2012
Standard Chartered Bank has won awards of Best Global Retail Bank and Best Online Banking Strategy at the 27th Retail Banker International's Awards.
The accolades recognise the bank's strong progress in delivering consistent results amidst the industry's changing climate and regulatory environment. They also reflect the bank's leadership in demonstrating innovation and cost-effective deployment, while achieving growth, operational efficiencies and high levels of customer satisfaction.
"Standard Chartered is a worthy winner of the awards as it has posted record profits for the ninth successive year, while driving to continuously deliver highly differentiated and innovative products, services and superior online consumer experiences," said Retail Banker International editor Douglas Blakey.
The judging criteria included levels of sustainable profitable growth, demonstration of high professional standards and exemplary representation of the industry to external stakeholders.
"Standard Chartered adopts a customer-focused strategy to provide its customers with products to cater to their financial needs," said the bank's UAE and Middle East regional head of consumer banking Khalid Al Gibaly.
"The bank is continuously investing in its platform and human resources to enhance its customers' experience when using our services and interacting with our staff. The awards are testament to our efforts to provide best in class retail banking services and products." – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- UAE among global top 20 for M&A appeal
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report