Al Ansari, Pakistan bank in remittance tie-up
Dubai, June 25, 2012
Al Ansari Exchange, a leading remittance and foreign exchange services firm, has tied up with Pakistan’s Tamer Bank, facilitating instant money transfer from the UAE to 20,000 payout locations in Pakistan.
Tamer Bank recently entered into an agreement with Telenor Pakistan, a GSM mobile phone service provider having a network of 20,000 retailer agents across Pakistan, a statement said.
Pakistani expatriates based in the UAE can visit any of the more than 110 Al Ansari Exchange branches in the country to transfer money instantly.
“Pakistanis represent one of the largest expatriate communities in the UAE, which makes this partnership with Tamer Bank highly significant as it optimally leverages the vast network of Telenor Pakistan,” said Rashed Ali Al Ansari, general manager, Al Ansari Exchange.
“Given that the money transfer is instant, and the recipients in Pakistan can collect the money even late in the night will be highly advantageous to both the sender and receiver. This tie up also underlines our ongoing commitment to identify customer requirements and respond with timely and cost-effective solutions,” he added.
Remittances from the UAE to Pakistan have been seeing a steady increase, with recent figures showing the value of remittances in 2011 amounting to around $2.2 billion. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Barclays advises on equities over bonds
- World Bank boosts funds for Syria refugees
- Doha Bank sets $1.5bn to fund Emirati SMEs
- Gold gains on China demand
- HSBC to launch insurance products in UAE
- Bahrain to host key Arab exchange talks
- QNB to start India operations
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker
- Productivity, trade 'key to Bahrain growth'
- Arqaam Capital advises Magrabi on key acquisition