Finance Ministry holds staff workshop
Abu Dhabi, July 4, 2012
The Ministry of Finance (MoF) recently organised a workshop for its staff on the importance of rationalising energy consumption, in line with its continuous efforts to aid in reducing environmental hazards and preserving UAE’s resources.
The workshop was hosted in collaboration with Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority (Adwea), represented by Abu Dhabi Distribution Company, at MoF’s headquarters in Abu Dhabi.
The workshop was attended by Ministry officials and a number of its staff where a variety of topics relating to the preservation of energy resources and methods of raising awareness on practices to decrease energy consumption rates in the UAE were discussed.
Moreover, the workshop aimed to encourage the Ministry’s staff to adopt and apply the best environmental practices, to benefit from natural resources while preserving them for future generations, a statement from the Ministry said.
Musabah Mohammed Al Suwaidi, the assistant undersecretary of support services sector at MoF, emphasised the importance of following globally determined behaviors to reduce the consumption of natural resources.
“This workshop reflects the prominent and effective role of MoF in raising environmental awareness to protect the natural resources in the UAE. MoF seeks to encourage eco-friendly practices amongst the community to effectively address environmental hazards and climate issues present at the global level,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- IDB picks banks for $500m sukuk sale
- BLME eyes 15pc asset growth, stronger Gulf ties
- Bahrain MPs veto national budget
- Bahrain needs to cut public debt urgently: IMF
- DIB ratings receives Moody’s affirmation
- Pinebridge names CIO for Mena, Turkey
- Regulation ‘biggest challenge for CFOs’
- ENBD plans bond sale to boost capital
- Al Baraka to raise $200m with sukuk
- Abu Dhabi April inflation slows to 0.6pc