NBK gets nod for $431m Boubyan stake buy
Kuwait, July 31, 2012
National Bank of Kuwait (NBK) said on Tuesday it had agreed to pay 121.65 million dinars ($431.2 million) for an 11.05 percent stake in Boubyan Bank, a purchase which takes its ownership to 58.34 percent.
The bank, Kuwait's largest by market value, has now received regulatory approval from the Kuwait Capital Markets Authority for the purchase, it said in a bourse filing.
NBK opted for the smaller stake after failing to secure enough backing for a full takeover of the Kuwait-based Islamic lender during a tender offer for shares which expired on July 22. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Emirates NBD seals Dubai tower deal
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Barclays advises on equities over bonds
- World Bank boosts funds for Syria refugees
- Doha Bank sets $1.5bn to fund Emirati SMEs
- Gold gains on China demand
- HSBC to launch insurance products in UAE
- Bahrain to host key Arab exchange talks
- QNB to start India operations
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker