Al Ramz receives top Nasdaq honour
Abu Dhabi, September 4, 2012
UAE-based brokerage house, Al Ramz Securities, has been named the recipient of Nasdaq Dubai’s inaugural Retail Broker of the Month Award.
Al Ramz was received the award for handling 75 per cent of the total retail trade done by Nasdaq members for the month of July, a statement from the company said.
A congratulatory message was also displayed at the Nasdaq Tower in New York, US, highlighting the achievement of Al Ramz in full view of the global securities industry, the statement said.
Aside from Nasdaq Dubai, Al Ramz is also a member of the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX) and the Dubai Financial Market (DFM). Since market inception, Al Ramz has been consistently ranked among UAE's top brokers.
“This is truly a proud moment for Al Ramz. To be honored in such a way by the second-largest stock exchange by market capitalisation in the world reflects the success of our ongoing efforts to enhance our manpower, streamline our processes, boost our qualifications and reinforce our customer services,” said Mohammad Al Mortada Al Dandashi, partner and managing director of Al Ramz Securities.
“We commend our hard-working team for the exceptional effort they did to accommodate retail trades for July. This is turning out to be another banner period for Al Ramz as we capitalise on brighter market prospects moving towards the last few months of 2012.”
Al Ramz Securities is the first locally-based brokerage company licensed by the Emirates Securities and Commodities Authority (Esca) to provide advisory services for customers.
The Abu Dhabi-based company provides retail and institutional services via branches in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Dubai. Al Ramz was recently authorised by Esca to provide brokerage services outside UAE. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn