Solidarity unit H1 earnings rise 140pc
Manama, September 9, 2012
The Jordanian subsidiary of Bahrain-based Solidarity Group Holding has posted earnings before tax of JD1 million ($1.41 million) for the first half of the year, marking a 140 per cent increase compared to the same period last year.
First Insurance occupied the fourth position in market share, according to a study on the Jordanian insurance market.
Total premium contributions during the first half reached 12.3 million Jordanian dinars ($17.42 million) which is a 45 per cent increase compared to the same period last year.
'We are justifiably proud that First Insurance has achieved outstanding results,' said Solidarity Group chief executive Ashraf Bseisu.
'This is a noteworthy achievement for the youngest player in the Jordanian market in a record breaking period of four years since its establishment.
'It is a direct consequence of the devotion, dedication and world-class expertise of every member of First Insurance and Solidarity Group team.' – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Deutsche Bank named top FX bank in Mideast
- Doha bourse breaks key 9,000 level
- UAE economic growth hits 4.4pc in 2012
- DFM firms achieve 100pc compliance
- NBK Egypt unit Q1 profit up 15.3pc
- Barclays names key official for Abu Dhabi
- MEPS, Umniah ink MasterCard services deal
- Bahrain insurance market ‘set to grow’
- Takaful poised for big growth
- Qatar Holding, Italy fund eye Versace