Solidarity unit H1 earnings rise 140pc
Manama, September 9, 2012
The Jordanian subsidiary of Bahrain-based Solidarity Group Holding has posted earnings before tax of JD1 million ($1.41 million) for the first half of the year, marking a 140 per cent increase compared to the same period last year.
First Insurance occupied the fourth position in market share, according to a study on the Jordanian insurance market.
Total premium contributions during the first half reached 12.3 million Jordanian dinars ($17.42 million) which is a 45 per cent increase compared to the same period last year.
'We are justifiably proud that First Insurance has achieved outstanding results,' said Solidarity Group chief executive Ashraf Bseisu.
'This is a noteworthy achievement for the youngest player in the Jordanian market in a record breaking period of four years since its establishment.
'It is a direct consequence of the devotion, dedication and world-class expertise of every member of First Insurance and Solidarity Group team.' – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Islamic Development Bank triples capital
- Emirates NBD launches $1bn bond
- Kuwait budget surplus may hit $52 billion
- Peru road shows target Mideast markets
- EFG Hermes Q1 net profit up 27pc
- ADCB sells $300m of subordinated bonds
- Standard Chartered’s credit card wins award
- Emirates NBD seals Dubai tower deal
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Barclays advises on equities over bonds