Barclays boosts ME wealth management team
Dubai, September 12, 2012
Barclays Bank said it has boosted its wealth and investment management capabilities in the Mena region with the appointment of Sandip Aggarwal as its new director for the Gulf market.
Sandip will be responsible for providing financial advice to the HNWIs and UNWIs in the region, as well as supporting clients in accessing the breadth of wealth and investment management services and financial products, said a statement from Barclays.
Rory Gilbert, the managing director and head of Mena for Wealth and Investment Management, Barclays, said: “With our latest appointments, we are enhancing our focus on the entire Mena region by placing dedicated private bankers in specific markets."
"We continue to expand the team to offer tailored services to meet growing client demand for financial expertise and advice," he noted.
Welcoming Sandip to te Gulf team, Gilbert said, "His expertise will add another dimension to our highly capable team in order to better serve our clients. We are committed to the region and strive to hire and retain talent of the highest calibre to offer best-in-class services that exceed client expectations."
Prior to this, Sandip has held senior positions in global financial institutions including HSBC Private Bank, Citi Private Bank, and ANZ Grindlays.
He has vast experience in the realm of portfolio management, with a particular focus on complex credit solutions, trust structuring and UNHNW multi-asset investment mandates. Sandip holds an MBA in Finance from Indiana University.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute