Talal Al Zain
PineBridge names new operating officer, MD
Manama, September 17, 2012
PineBridge Investments Middle East (PBIME) has announced the appointment of Arun Kumar as chief operating officer and Janick Fierens as managing director, head of client service.
Kumar and Fierens will be based at PineBridge’s Mena headquarters in Bahrain.
Talal Al Zain, chief executive of PineBridge Investments Middle East, said: “We are delighted to have Arun and Janick on board and expect them to have an immediate and positive impact. Their experience and expertise will be crucial in building our regional presence and enhancing our offering of products across multiple asset classes and world class investment management.”
Kumar will be responsible for all corporate functions and providing strategic support for the execution of PineBridge’s mandate in Mena, a statement from the company said. Prior to joining, he was the chief financial officer at Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company, and held senior positions at the Singapore offices of 3i Investments and JPMorgan Chase Bank.
Fierens was previously managing director in Investcorp’s placement team in Bahrain, the statement said. He also held positions with McKinsey and Citigroup in London; and the Boston Consulting Group and Generale Bank in Belgium.
PineBridge recently received a Category 1 investment license from the Central Bank of Bahrain to establish its regional headquarters in Manama. The new firm, PineBridge Investments Middle East will cover the Mena region as well as Turkey and serve as a link between Asian and Middle Eastern investors. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit