Alwaleed, Gates in key private meeting
Abu Dhabi, October 14, 2012
Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, the chairman of investment firm Kingdom Holding Company (KHC) held a private meeting with Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates during his recent visit to Abu Dhabi.
The two met on the sidelines of the three-day Abu Dhabi Media Summit held at the Yas Hotel in the UAE capital from October 9 to11.
At the meeting the two discussed the latest economic developments and also issues related to KHC’s international investments, said a statement from KHC.
The topics discussed included the 47.5 per cent stake in the Four Seasons which is co-owned by Bill Gates’ investment firm Cascade (which has a 47.5 per cent stake, while the remaining 5 per cent is owned by Isadore Sharp, chairman of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts), it stated.
Also, the two discussed potential collaboration between Alwaleed Foundation and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The meeting was attended by Jamal Khashoggi, the GM of Alwaleed's news channel Alarab, Heba Fatani, senior executive manager, corporate communications department, Dr Nahla Nasser Alanbar, the private executive assistant of the prince, Hassna F Alturki, the department head, Travel & External Affairs and Husam A. AlSuliman, the prince's executive assistant.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs