Japanese delegation visits Emirates NBD museum
Dubai, October 15, 2012
A senior delegation of investors from Japan recently visited Emirates NBD Pearl Musuem, where they were given a guided tour of one of the most important heritages of the Gulf, pearling.
The delegation was headed by Shinji Kawasaka, chairman of the Asia-Pacific Economic and Environmental Research Society; and Yasu Nakashima, CEO, Japan and international director at LaSalle Investment Management.
They were received by Ali Al Kaitoob, the general manager of Emirates NBD Properties; and Ibrahim Sowaidan, head of group corporate communications at Emirates NBD.
The Museum plays an important role in educating visitors about the culture and heritage of the UAE and what life was like before the discovery of oil, a statement from Emirates NBD said. The unique collection of natural pearls is preserved in an elegantly designed museum under the custody of Emirates NBD and located at its headquarters building in Dubai.
The visit was organised by Mohammed Ilyas, the managing director of Iksam. The visit aims at assisting the Japanese investors to identify investment opportunities in the growing sectors in the UAE including real estate, commerce, tourism and hospitality. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson