Japanese delegation visits Emirates NBD museum
Dubai, October 15, 2012
A senior delegation of investors from Japan recently visited Emirates NBD Pearl Musuem, where they were given a guided tour of one of the most important heritages of the Gulf, pearling.
The delegation was headed by Shinji Kawasaka, chairman of the Asia-Pacific Economic and Environmental Research Society; and Yasu Nakashima, CEO, Japan and international director at LaSalle Investment Management.
They were received by Ali Al Kaitoob, the general manager of Emirates NBD Properties; and Ibrahim Sowaidan, head of group corporate communications at Emirates NBD.
The Museum plays an important role in educating visitors about the culture and heritage of the UAE and what life was like before the discovery of oil, a statement from Emirates NBD said. The unique collection of natural pearls is preserved in an elegantly designed museum under the custody of Emirates NBD and located at its headquarters building in Dubai.
The visit was organised by Mohammed Ilyas, the managing director of Iksam. The visit aims at assisting the Japanese investors to identify investment opportunities in the growing sectors in the UAE including real estate, commerce, tourism and hospitality. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Emirates NBD launches $1bn bond
- Kuwait budget surplus may hit $52 billion
- Peru road shows target Mideast markets
- EFG Hermes Q1 net profit up 27pc
- ADCB sells $300m of subordinated bonds
- Standard Chartered’s credit card wins award
- Emirates NBD seals Dubai tower deal
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Barclays advises on equities over bonds
- World Bank boosts funds for Syria refugees