Green light for EFG-Hermes, QInvest deal
Cairo, October 15, 2012
Egypt's regulator has no objections to the deal between EFG-Hermes and QInvest of Qatar to create an investment bank, the Egyptian investment bank said on Monday, giving a green light for the tie-up to go ahead.
"The Egyptian Financial Supervisory Authority certified, with no reservations ..., (EFG-Hermes') Extraordinary General Meeting minutes that was held on Sunday September 16, 2012 to approve the company's strategic alliance with QInvest," EFG-Hermes said in a statement.
The statement was sent to the Egyptian and London stock exchanges.
EFG and QInvest sealed the agreement in May to hive off EFG's investment banking business in a joint venture in which Qatar state-backed QInvest would hold a 60 percent stake. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- UAE sees big foreign capital inflow
- Gulf Capital to raise $360m partly for dividend
- Apicorp posts $109m profit in 2012
- Al Baraka summit to discuss financial trends
- Bahrain real GDP grows 3.9pc in 2012
- Deutsche Bank named top FX bank in Mideast
- Doha bourse breaks key 9,000 level
- UAE economic growth hits 4.4pc in 2012
- DFM firms achieve 100pc compliance