Bahrain to conduct insurance tests online
Manama, October 18, 2012
The Bahrain Insurance Association (BIA) in association with the Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance (BIBF) will be conducting general insurance tests online, said the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB).
Announcing this on the sidelines of a key industry event, CBB stated that the BIA and BIBF will provide chartered insurance institute (CII) qualifications in general insurance and financial planning through online exams, which can be taken anytime.
"While the CBB's mandate is to regulate, promote and develop Bahrain's insurance industry, it is also our priority to create competitive advantage through compliance," said CBB insurance directorate financial institutions supervision executive director Abdul Rahman Al Baker.
"The CII Award exams are among such initiatives. Making use of technology to deliver these exams will certainly add business value for insurance players along with flexibility for candidates," he added.
BIA chairman Younis Al Sayed said in Bahrain, the CBB, the BIA and the BIBF have formed a triangle of success and have taken up the challenge of equipping the local insurance industry with qualified professionals - right from entry level to executive management. "These efforts will continue," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Deutsche Bank named top FX bank in Mideast
- Doha bourse breaks key 9,000 level
- UAE economic growth hits 4.4pc in 2012
- DFM firms achieve 100pc compliance
- NBK Egypt unit Q1 profit up 15.3pc
- Barclays names key official for Abu Dhabi
- MEPS, Umniah ink MasterCard services deal
- Bahrain insurance market ‘set to grow’
- Takaful poised for big growth
- Qatar Holding, Italy fund eye Versace