Bahrain to conduct insurance tests online
Manama, October 18, 2012
The Bahrain Insurance Association (BIA) in association with the Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance (BIBF) will be conducting general insurance tests online, said the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB).
Announcing this on the sidelines of a key industry event, CBB stated that the BIA and BIBF will provide chartered insurance institute (CII) qualifications in general insurance and financial planning through online exams, which can be taken anytime.
"While the CBB's mandate is to regulate, promote and develop Bahrain's insurance industry, it is also our priority to create competitive advantage through compliance," said CBB insurance directorate financial institutions supervision executive director Abdul Rahman Al Baker.
"The CII Award exams are among such initiatives. Making use of technology to deliver these exams will certainly add business value for insurance players along with flexibility for candidates," he added.
BIA chairman Younis Al Sayed said in Bahrain, the CBB, the BIA and the BIBF have formed a triangle of success and have taken up the challenge of equipping the local insurance industry with qualified professionals - right from entry level to executive management. "These efforts will continue," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson