Saudi shares end flat on petchem losses
Riyadh, October 20, 2012
Saudi shares closed flat at 6,809 points on Saturday, reversing earlier losses. The petrochemical index slid 0.2 per cent lower to end at 5,781 points dragged lower by heavyweight Saudi Basic Industries Corp (Sabic).
The banking index closed 0.3 per cent lower at 14,974 points.
Earlier on Saturday the kingdom's No. 2 telecom operator Etihad Etisalat (Mobily) reported a 23 per cent jump in third quarter net profits, beating expectations.
The company's shares closed down 0.35 percent.
Earlier in the day, the shares started lower weighed by banking and petrochemical stocks, after oil prices fell on Friday.
World stocks and oil prices had fallen on Friday as investors took a dim view of US corporate earnings, while Europe's debt crisis and ongoing concerns about global growth also weighed on sentiment.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge