MasterCard unveils Arabic brand identity
Dubai, October 31, 2012
MasterCard, a global payments and technology company, has unveiled its new Arabic identity as part of its strategy to create enhanced brand affinity amongst Arab consumers across the Mena region.
Reflecting the region’s open yet deeply rooted culture, the new logo maintains MasterCard’s corporate identity but also features alongside the new Arabic brand name.
The initiative will lead to enhanced brand awareness amongst potential consumers in addition to helping MasterCard directly engage with Arabic speaking consumers, said a senior official.
"At MasterCard, we take pride in developing innovative and tailor made payment solutions for Arab consumers, many of which have today become industry benchmarks," remarked Raghu Malhotra, division president (Mena), MasterCard Worldwide.
"Our new Arabic identity will reinforce our brand’s leadership position in the Mena region and will also help consumers in the Arab world connect better with the MasterCard brand," he added.
According to him, MasterCard has been at the forefront of developing innovative Islamic payment solutions.
"The recently launched Al Hilal Bank Qibla MasterCard Credit Card is a fine example of MasterCard’s product innovation for a prominent Islamic financial institution," he stated.
"The card is a first of its kind as it incorporates a digital compass, which at the press of a button locates the Qibla, the direction a Muslim must face while praying," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm
- Tunisia to spend over $1bn to recapitalise banks
- UAE revives proposal to merge stock exchanges
- Saudi non oil exports hit $4.74bn in April
- Global Takaful market to hit $20bn
- NBAD launches new Dubai branch