StanChart announces key Bahrain appointment
Manama, November 14, 2012
Standard Chartered Bank has appointed Noora Al Nusuf as the head of corporate affairs for its Bahrain operations. She was previously the executive adviser at Brash Brands in Dubai.
In her new role, she will be responsible for managing the bank's external and internal communications, boosting its sustainability efforts, and building on its strong reputation in the kingdom, said the bank in a statement.
"We are happy to welcome Noora at her new role with the bank," said Standard Chartered Bahrain chief executive Amin Jarrar.
"Being in Bahrain for more than 90 years, we are committed to the kingdom and the Bahraini community," stated Jarrar.
"Currently, qualified Bahrainis make up 68 per cent of the bank's staff and Noora's appointment is a reflection of our pledge to develop local talent to lead the bank in the future," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Tunisia may delay sukuk issue to next year
- Al Baraka Turk planning $200m sukuk
- Kuwait April inflation climbs to 2.8pc y/y
- Bahrain Islamic Bank names new chairman
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm
- Tunisia to spend over $1bn to recapitalise banks