StanChart announces key Bahrain appointment
Manama, November 14, 2012
Standard Chartered Bank has appointed Noora Al Nusuf as the head of corporate affairs for its Bahrain operations. She was previously the executive adviser at Brash Brands in Dubai.
In her new role, she will be responsible for managing the bank's external and internal communications, boosting its sustainability efforts, and building on its strong reputation in the kingdom, said the bank in a statement.
"We are happy to welcome Noora at her new role with the bank," said Standard Chartered Bahrain chief executive Amin Jarrar.
"Being in Bahrain for more than 90 years, we are committed to the kingdom and the Bahraini community," stated Jarrar.
"Currently, qualified Bahrainis make up 68 per cent of the bank's staff and Noora's appointment is a reflection of our pledge to develop local talent to lead the bank in the future," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson