NBAD chief named Banker of the Year by ABA
Abu Dhabi, November 14, 2012
Michael Tomalin, group chief executive of the National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) has been honoured with the Arab Bankers Association (ABA) Banker of the Year award.
Arab Bankers Association, founded in 1980 in London, represents and promotes the interests of Arab banks and financial professionals who work with Arab banks. This is particularly important with the very strong and significant banking and trade links between the UK and the Arab world.
NBAD launched its London branch in 1977. It provides private banking, trade finance, corporate banking, and treasury products.
“The National Bank of Abu Dhabi is a strong brand and an exemplary institution; an institution that is the highest ranked Middle East bank in the World’s 50 Safest Banks list and growing,” said George Kanaan, chief executive officer of Arab Bankers Association.
“NBAD continues to expand globally with presence from Hong Kong to North America; obviously, given this profile, we found it appropriate to select Michael Tomalin as the first recipient of our distinguished service award as this extraordinary growth took place under his watch.”
In accepting the very first award for distinguished service by the ABA, Tomalin spoke of the need for Arab banks to play a larger role on the global financial stage especially with the decline of traditional European banks. He also emphasised the strong links between London and Arab banking. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO