Trade loan interest rates up in Bahrain
Manama, November 19, 2012
The average rate of interest on trade loans offered by Bahrain banks has risen to 5.24 per cent at the end of third quarter of this year, compared to 4.79 per cent in the same period last year, reports our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.
Average rate of interest on construction and development sector increased from 4.99 per cent to 5.24 per cent during the review period, said the report citing the Central Bank of Bahrain data.
The industrial sector in Bahrain saw its rate of interest fall from 4.58 per cent to 3.73 per cent.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf Capital to raise $360m partly for dividend
- Apicorp posts $109m profit in 2012
- Al Baraka summit to discuss financial trends
- Bahrain real GDP grows 3.9pc in 2012
- Deutsche Bank named top FX bank in Mideast
- Doha bourse breaks key 9,000 level
- UAE economic growth hits 4.4pc in 2012
- DFM firms achieve 100pc compliance
- NBK Egypt unit Q1 profit up 15.3pc
- Barclays names key official for Abu Dhabi