QInvest names new chief executive
Doha, November 22, 2012
Qatar-based investment bank QInvest said on Thursday it has appointed Tamim Hamad Al-Kawari as its chief executive officer.
Kawari will replace Shahzad Shahbaz who has resigned with immediate effect, the company said in an e-mailed statement. Shahbaz will continue with the bank for an unspecified transition period, it added.
Kawari was QInvest's deputy CEO and prior to that served as Goldman Sachs' country head for Qatar.
Last month, QInvest completed a deal with EFG Hermes where the Egyptian investment bank would hive off its investment banking business to create a joint venture in which the Qatari bank would control 60 per cent.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk