Saudi shares close higher on petchem gains
Riyadh, November 24, 2012
Saudi shares closed higher on Saturday, supported by gains in the petrochemical sector after oil prices rise. The all-share added 0.8 per cent to 6,665 points and the petrochemical index gained 1.1 percent to 5,649 points.
Heavyweight Saudi Basic Industries Corp (Sabic) closed 0.9 percent higher, as well as the banking index, gaining 0.3 percent and ending at 14,733 points.
Oil prices rose on Friday as fresh protests in Egypt once again stoked supply concerns, with additional support coming from optimism about talks on releasing aid to Greece. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- UAE April inflation eases to 0.9pc y/y
- IDB picks banks for $500m sukuk sale
- BLME eyes 15pc asset growth, stronger Gulf ties
- Bahrain MPs veto national budget
- Bahrain needs to cut public debt urgently: IMF
- DIB ratings receives Moody’s affirmation
- Pinebridge names CIO for Mena, Turkey
- Regulation ‘biggest challenge for CFOs’
- ENBD plans bond sale to boost capital