Gulf Bank receives top honour
Kuwait City, December 1, 2012
Kuwait-based Gulf Bank recently won the ‘Bank of the Year’ award from The Banker, one of the world’s most respected banking industry magazines, at a ceremony held in London.
The award was presented in recognition of the bank's outstanding achievements over the past year, to Michel Accad, the CEO, at The Banker’s annual awards gala dinner, a statement from the bank said.
The dinner, one of the key highlights of the banking industry year, is attended by some of the world’s most senior bankers, executives, and other key figures in the financial and banking sectors.
“It is truly a great honour to receive this major award from The Banker and I would like to thank the awards committee for selecting Gulf Bank this year,” Accad said.
“This award is a recognition of the tremendous effort by the bank’s management and staff to make Gulf Bank the best bank in Kuwait, and provide our valued customers with the best and the fastest personal banking services possible.”
“The banking industry will become even more competitive in the future, and we intend to continue to lead from the front, putting innovation and customer service first, raising standards, and setting the benchmark for banking excellence across the region,” he added.
"Gulf Bank’s customer oriented strategy is just one of the many reasons the Bank has won the 'Bank of the Year' award this year. This award underlines our enthusiasm and motivation to progress and will serve to help push Gulf Bank forward to further success in the coming years,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey
- United Arab Bank backs UAE-Turkey business
- Islamic finance 'facing integration challenge'
- Bahrain tops in developed Islamic finance sector
- DME sets new trading records