Gulf Air, StanChart launch co-branded credit card
Manama, December 3, 2012
Gulf Air, Bahrain’s national carrier and Standard Chartered Bank in Bahrain today launched a suite of co-branded credit cards tailored specifically to offer exceptional value to frequent flyers.
The two-in-one card offers customers the convenience of a credit card and the power of a loyalty programme in one, said a statement.
Available in three premium variants –Blue, Silver and Gold – the Standard Chartered Frequent Flyer Credit Cards allow customers to convert their everyday banking transactions, including account deposits, into flight rewards, while enjoying an array of exclusive privileges and world class services from both Gulf Air and Standard Chartered Bank.
The Standard Chartered Frequent Flyer Credit Cards offer an earning rate of between 2 and 6 Falconflyer miles for every BD3 spent, depending on the card variant and destination. Additionally, customers can instantly earn between 1200 to 2400 miles on activation and renewal of the card itself.
A critical strategic partner in this is Visa, the leading global payments technology company – which is used by Standard Chartered Bank in Bahrain to issue all its cards using the Visa platform.
The cards will be available under an attractive introductory offer of up to 12,000 Falconflyer Miles for the first 1,000 customers. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey