Mubasher offers access to shares before IPO
Manama, December 5, 2012
Mubasher Financial Services, a top brokerage firm, has teamed up with SharesPost, a leader in private capital markets, to launch a platform which enables shares purchase in top firms before their initial public offering (IPO).
The agreement combines the technological strength of Mubasher’s real time trading platform with the expertise of SharesPost, which offers 450 research reports from 11 third-party providers.
Mubasher’s clients will gain direct access to this list of companies, in addition to the 35 global and regional equity markets already available on its trading platform.
“I've been impressed by the performance of the companies on SharesPost, which I believe shows that smaller, fast growing companies can outperform a portfolio of large cap companies,” explained Malek Kanawati, CEO of Mubasher.
“Previously such exciting opportunities were only available to major clients of investment banks, but Mubasher is now democratizing the investment process. We are empowering GCC investors to make smart investments in high-potential private companies like Twitter and many others.”
Greg Brogger, president of SharesPost, said: “Many of today’s most innovative cutting-edge companies are choosing to go public later. We are excited to partner with Mubasher to bring SharesPost technology and services to the Middle East, opening up pre-IPO investment opportunities in the region.
“We have selected Mubasher because we feel they are an ideal partner due to their extensive client network in the region and their technological lead.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013