KHCB launches SME financing scheme
Manama, December 6, 2012
Bahrain-based Khaleeji Commercial Bank (KHCB) has launched its new financing scheme for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to enhance productivity and growth in the market to achieve economic development in the kingdom.
"One of KHCB's most vital objectives is to have a positive contribution to Bahrain's economic development by providing a financing solution to SMEs and have an immense impact on Bahrain's advancement," chief operating officer and acting chief executive Silvan Varghese was quoted as saying by our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
"Tamkeen is tasked to support the development of Bahrain. We would like to thank Tamkeen's collaboration with us in making this project available in the market, and become a provider for Bahrain's economic growth," he added.
The amount ranges from BD10,000 ($26,374) to BD500,000 with an annual profit rate of four per cent on reducing basis over tenure of up to seven years. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk