Emirates Islamic plans $408m rights issue
Dubai, January 9, 2013
The Islamic unit of Emirates NBD, Dubai's largest listed bank, intends to begin a Dh1.5 billion ($408 million) rights issue this month.
Emirates Islamic Bank (EIB) will increase its capital to Dh3.93 billion through the offering of 1.5 billion shares at 1 dirham each between January 25 and February 3, it said in a filing to the Dubai bourse on Wednesday.
No details were given on how EIB intends to use the proceeds of the share issue, which was first announced last month.
EIB formally merged with Dubai Bank last year. Dubai Bank, which was rescued by the Dubai government in May 2011, was absorbed into Emirates NBD at the behest of the authorities in October 2011. -Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge