Emirates Islamic plans $408m rights issue
Dubai, January 9, 2013
The Islamic unit of Emirates NBD, Dubai's largest listed bank, intends to begin a Dh1.5 billion ($408 million) rights issue this month.
Emirates Islamic Bank (EIB) will increase its capital to Dh3.93 billion through the offering of 1.5 billion shares at 1 dirham each between January 25 and February 3, it said in a filing to the Dubai bourse on Wednesday.
No details were given on how EIB intends to use the proceeds of the share issue, which was first announced last month.
EIB formally merged with Dubai Bank last year. Dubai Bank, which was rescued by the Dubai government in May 2011, was absorbed into Emirates NBD at the behest of the authorities in October 2011. -Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3