Barclays enhances Platinum card benefits
Dubai, January 15, 2013
Barclays has announced further enhancements to its ‘Free for Life’ Platinum Barclaycard, allowing customers to take advantage of exclusive offers and benefits each time they use the card; with 0 per cent interest on balance transfers for 12 months.
This offer signifies the opportunity to save on interest charges and facilitates debt consolidation at zero interest for 12 months on transferred balance, a statement from Barclays said.
Barclaycard Platinum Card offers dining benefits at over 250 restaurants across the UAE, 0 per cent easy instalment plan for six months at selective exclusive electronic stores, jewellery and furniture outlets such as Sharaf DG, Jacky’s Electronis, Emax, Damas, Homes R Us, and Pan Emirates Furniture.
Furthermore, Barclaycard Platinum is now offering an attractive rewards programme, whereby customers receive 50,000 reward points after signing up for the free card and incurring a spend of Dh5,000 ($1361.47). Reward points can be redeemed for flight tickets or shopping vouchers.
Barclaycard Rewards Programme differentiates itself by allowing customers to choose the way they redeem points, making the process effortless and the reward fulfilling, the statement said. The unrivalled travel feature ‘Fly any airline, any destination, any time’ offers customers a more attractive and flexible travel programme.
Additionally, customers have the option to redeem points against mall vouchers as well (Burjuman, Dubai Festival City, Sahara Centre, Abu Dhabi Mall, and Sharjah Mega Mall.)
Venkatesh Srikantan, head of UAE retail & business banking, Barclays, said: “As part of our commitment to be one of the most customer centric and innovative banks in the region, we are happy to introduce the new features to the ‘Free for Life’ Barclaycard and the 0 per cent interest on balance transfer for our customers.”
“Through this campaign we aim to increase acquisition volumes and service new customers. It’s been our consistent endeavour to offer our current and potential customers great financial products along with superior customer service.”
“In the current unprecedented economic environment, clients are looking for financial efficiency and we take pride in knowing that through this initiative our customers will get the best value from the Barclaycard,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Emaar proposes 15pc cash dividends
- ABG units win top Islamic finance award
- Finance House approves 25pc cash dividends
- Qatar 'most expensive country in Gulf'
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch