Government bond listed at Bahrain bourse
Manama, January 29, 2013
Bahrain Bourse has listed a BD185 million ($485 million) government development bond issue, whch pays a fixed annual interest rate of 4.3 per cent payable every six months on May 8 and November 8 during the issuance period.
The bond was issued on November 8, 2012, by the Central Bank of Bahrain on behalf of the Bahrain government, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The face value of the bond is BD1 each which will mature in seven years, starting from November 8, 2012 until November 8, 2019.
The minimum amount of investment in the bond is BD10,000 or multiples thereof. Following the listing of this issue, the number of conventional bonds and sukuk issues listed on Bahrain Bourse reached nine issues with an approximate total value of $3.01 billion.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson