ME-IR Society hosts networking breakfast
Manama, January 31, 2013
The Middle East Investor Relations Society (ME-IR Society) today hosted an Investor Relations (IR) networking breakfast at the Emirates Towers in Dubai, the first of a series of breakfasts set to take place across the Middle East this year.
The ME-IR Society Breakfast Series is a new initiative designed to bring together IR professionals from a myriad of sectors across the Middle East on a monthly basis.
Each event will encourage discussion about the issues faced by IR professionals and to facilitate greater interconnectivity with an ultimate aim of improving best practice across the region. Each event will be hosted in collaboration with one of its country chapters, a statement from the society said.
Representatives from Shuaa Capital, Emaar Properties, Dubai Islamic Bank, Arabtec and Taqa were among the attendees.
Oliver Schutzmann, head of investor relations and corporate communications at Shuaa Capital, and co-host of the event, said: “Investor relations officers often find it difficult to obtain independent, robust advice to enhance their respective investor relations programmes. With the IRO Breakfast, the Middle East IR Society has created an invaluable networking platform where IROs can exchange viewpoints and knowledge.”
The next IR Breakfast event is due to take place in Oman in the end of February. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs