NBK among the world's 50 safest banks
Kuwait, March 6, 2013
National Bank of Kuwait (NBK), for the seventh consecutive time, has been listed among the 50 safest banks in the world.
NBK ranked 35 on the list compiled by Global Finance magazine, illustrating the success of the bank’s conservative strategy, prudent risk management and dedication to service excellence, the bank said.
The rankings are based on evaluations of long-term credit ratings -- from Moody’s, Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Ratings -- and total assets of the 500 largest banks worldwide, it said.
NBK has consistently been awarded the highest credit ratings of all banks in the region by the major international rating agencies: Moody's, Standard & Poor's and Fitch Ratings, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson
- NBK group CEO to step down
- SABB gets Fitch ratings boost
- Saudi SABB prices $400m sukuk issue
- Shuaa Capital gets Moody's ratings upgrade
- QInvest ‘advised on $3.5bn sukuk in 2013’