NBK among the world's 50 safest banks
Kuwait, March 6, 2013
National Bank of Kuwait (NBK), for the seventh consecutive time, has been listed among the 50 safest banks in the world.
NBK ranked 35 on the list compiled by Global Finance magazine, illustrating the success of the bank’s conservative strategy, prudent risk management and dedication to service excellence, the bank said.
The rankings are based on evaluations of long-term credit ratings -- from Moody’s, Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Ratings -- and total assets of the 500 largest banks worldwide, it said.
NBK has consistently been awarded the highest credit ratings of all banks in the region by the major international rating agencies: Moody's, Standard & Poor's and Fitch Ratings, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker
- Productivity, trade 'key to Bahrain growth'
- Arqaam Capital advises Magrabi on key acquisition
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Doha Bank may sell bonds to raise capital
- Reuters launches Islamic finance indicator
- IMF 'not worried about Dubai debt obligations'
- Nonoo Exchange opens Riffa branch
- Inflation a risk for strong Saudi economy: IMF
- Ahli United expands key POS service