Morocco gears up for Gulf investment forum
Manama, March 29, 2013
The third Gulf-Moroccan Investment Forum will be held from May 6 to 8 at the Movenpick Hotel in Tangier, Morocco, said a report.
The theme of 'Gulf Invest' this year is 'Strategic partnership for building future economy', said a team from Morocco, which along with senior officials from the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) held a Press conference at the Bait Al Tijjar yesterday.
More than 400 Gulf and Moroccan businessmen are expected to participate in the event, to be held under the patronage of the Federation of GCC Chambers of Commerce as well as the Federation of Moroccan Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
"The idea is to discuss bilateral investment opportunities and study joint ventures between the Gulf and Moroccan sides with the participation of economic, business and investment organisations," Bahrain-Morocco Business Council chairman Saqer Shaheen told the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
According to forum chairman Mohamed Ait Bouselham, the scope for partnerships is immense "in light of economic and business relations between both sides and also on the ground of agreements signed by both Gulf and Moroccan sides".
"The city of Tangier actually presents huge and promising business and investment opportunities as it has recently become an important economic hub in North Africa attracting big European and US companies," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson