BIA insurance campaign 'a big success'
Manama, March 29, 2013
Bahrain Insurance Association (BIA) has announced the successful conclusion of its "Insurance Awareness Week" campaign.
Promoted under the patronage of the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB), the campaign created general awareness about various insurance products and their role in enhancing people's lives, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
A new media campaign to educate the public about insurance was launched during the awareness week.
Its centrepiece was an activation event held at the Bahrain City Centre from March 21 to 24, said the report.
As part of the campaign, BIA introduced "Amna", its new brand mascot, to give a human touch to insurance and promote it in a more personalised manner, it added.
"Our campaign was successful in raising awareness of various insurance products and their benefits," said BIA chairman Younis Al Sayed. "Thanks to huge support from the CBB, our valuable sponsors and the media, we are able to convey the key message to the public," he added.
BIA also hosted an industry gala dinner at the Gulf Hotel. The event recognised BIA's sponsors and offered a platform for firms to discuss subjects of mutual interest.
During the event, CBB Governor Rasheed Al Maraj launched the 'Insurance Day' commemorative stamp, which is expected to boost the awareness campaign.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Bahrain Insurance Association |
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson