KPMG launches family business centre
Manama, April 2, 2013
Leading professional services advisory firm KPMG has announced the launch of a global centre of excellence for family business.
The initiative is in collaboration with Young Presidents' Organisation (YPO), a global network of young chief executives comprising 20,000 members in more than 100 countries.
The centre provides all YPO Global Family Business Network (GFBN) members with exclusive access to knowledge on family businesses, the professional services advisory firm said.
It will function through a dedicated team based in Paris and a combination of practitioners from KPMG member firms and independent experts such as senior adviser to KPMG on family business intelligence Christine Blondel.
"Family businesses are a pillar of economic growth in Bahrain, and are essential in ensuring the success of the Economic Vision 2030," said KPMG in Bahrain partner for risk consulting Jeyapriya Partiban.
"KPMG recognises the importance of family business and the launch of dedicated centre of excellence for them would ensure the valuable business insights and the knowledge of external experts is shared with family businesses in Bahrain."
The centre provides insights on seven key issues of family business: growth, governance, assurance, exit strategies, wealth preservation, philanthropy, succession and next generation.
"Our collaboration with KPMG helps us further our mission of strengthening families, businesses and legacies by connecting members to one another and to the best resources in the world," said GFBN director Vicki Novikoff Barnhart.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai non-oil trade soars to $362bn in 2013
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook