NBAD names new group CEO
Abu Dhabi, April 3, 2013
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) has announced the appointment of Alex Thursby as its group chief executive with effect from July 13.
He will succeed Michael H Tomalin who has previously announced his retirement, said a statement.
Tomalin will have served as NBAD’s group chief executive for 14 years and will stay on as a non-executive director to support the transition, it said.
Tomalin said: “It has been a huge privilege to have led NBAD through years of growth at home and turbulence in global markets. NBAD is positioned for strong sustained growth in the future. I wish Alex every success in taking the group forward.”
Nasser Alsowaidi, chairman of NBAD said: “On behalf of the board, I would like to thank Michael Tomalin for building NBAD strongly these past 14 years. Under his leadership the group’s earnings have multiplied over 10 times and the group’s footprint, both at home and abroad, in private banking, asset management, capital markets and investment banking has greatly expanded.”
Thursby brings with him some 30 years of experience in international banking with substantial experience in Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa, Europe, America, Australia and New Zealand.
He is currently the CEO of the International and Institutional Banking Division of ANZ. Over the last five years he has been responsible for devising and executing the strategy for ANZ's significant growth in Asia Pacific across Institutional, Commercial and Retail Banking. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity