Meeting to discuss joint GCC market
Manama, April 9, 2013
Bahrain will host a two-day meeting of under-secretaries of GCC finance and economy ministries as part of the kingdom's presidency of the current session.
The 40th GCC finance and economy ministries meeting will be chaired by Finance Ministry Under-Secretary Arif Khamees, in the presence of the assistant GCC secretary-general for economic affairs Abdullah bin Jum'a Al Shibly.
The business agenda of the meeting includes exploration of latest developments on the Joint Gulf Market, mercantile negotiations, the customs' union, monetary union, economic judicial authority and governance of regional monetary agencies and organisations, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
On the sidelines of the meeting, a workshop will be conducted to follow up the implementation of economic resolutions passed by the GCC Supreme Council.
A workshop will also be held in co-operation with the World Bank pertaining to boosting economic integration and merging between GCC countries and reviewing of successful experiences in this area.
Bahrain's paper will discuss challenges facing the Joint Gulf Market and how to surmount such challenges to attain futuristic horizons on this vital project which is considered as one of the pillars of joint pan-GCC action in financial and economic fields.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson