Arab Banking Corp names acting CEO
Manama, April 16, 2013
Arab Banking Corporation (ABC) said its board has appointed deputy chief executive Dr Khaled Kawan as the acting president and chief executive with immediate effect.
To facilitate this change, Hassan Ali Juma will continue with ABC in an advisory capacity until July 31, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"As a long-serving officer of ABC and ABC's deputy CEO, the board is confident that Dr Kawan is qualified and well-positioned to steer ABC through this period of transition," ABC chairman Saddek El Kaber said.
"Dr Kawan takes on this position with the fullest confidence of the board," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Arab Banking Corporation |
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson