Commercial Bank of Qatar Q1 net profit up 7pc
Doha, April 17, 2013
Commercial Bank of Qatar (CBQ), which is buying a majority stake in Turkey's Alternatifbank, posted a 7 per cent increase in first-quarter net profit on Wednesday, beating analysts' expectations.
Net profit in the three months to the end of March was SR506 million ($139.0 million) compared to SR471 million in the same period a year ago.
Analysts had forecast an average quarterly profit of SR469 million, according to a Reuters poll. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity