CFOs 'play key role in firm's success'
Manama, April 18, 2013
Chief financial officers (CFOs) have become trusted business advisers and play a critical role in the success and strategy formation and execution for any company, said experts at a major seminar in Bahrain.
Themed 'The Next Generation CFO', the seminar was held yesterday (April 17) at the Crowne Plaza Hotel and organised by the Bahrain Chapter of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (BCICAI) in association with Boston Analytics (BA), a global strategy and business analytics firm, according to a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
BA chief executive Inder Thukral and the company's managing director and CFO Devesh Bahl were the main speakers at the seminar.
The experts said the key priorities of CFOs today are delivering business insights based on analytics, information management strategy, strategic revenue and cost planning pricing and distribution and risk management.
"CFOs are expected to become more competent in the future as they have great insight into the entire business," said Thukral. "They will become partners and advisers of the executive board.”
CFOs have a vantage position overseeing the whole company, Bahl said. "They are now the integrators of information at the enterprise level."
He added that CFOs have moved from being traditional number crunchers into efficient organisational drivers. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals