Bahrain to host GCC CMA summit
Manama, April 22, 2013
The GCC-Certified Management Accountant (GCC CMA) Summit 2013 will be held in Bahrain next month under the patronage of Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro.
The two-day event will start with a speech by Dr Fakhro at 6pm on May 2 at the Alfanar Hall, Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence and Spa, according to a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
On May 3, the sessions will start at 8.30am and end at 5.30pm.
Organised by Bahrain Overseas Centre of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India, the event is part of the several professional development programmes being organised by the centre.
Association members, students, professionals from Bahrain, other GCC countries and India are expected to attend.
Themed 'Management accountants - partners in progress', the summit will include several panel discussions and interactive sessions by local and international experts.
Topics to be discussed include: Management accountants as business partners, Recession and profession - CMA initiatives, Effective cost control techniques for manufacturing and service industries, IT and management accounting, Strategic financial and risk management, Currency unification - boon or bane? and other topic of interest to management accountants and the industry at large.
It is being sponsored and supported by Ahlia University, Alba, State Bank of India, UAE Exchange, New India Assurance, Solidarity Insurance, Maskati Bros and Sakana Holistic Housing Solutions. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn