Qatar's Masraf al Rayan Q1 net up 13pc
Doha, April 23, 2013
Qatar's largest Islamic lender by market value Masraf al Rayan has reported a 13.2 per cent increase in its first-quarter net profit, beating analysts' expectations.
The net profit for the three months to the end of March was QR400 million ($109.9 million) compared to QR353.5 million in the same period a year ago, a company statement said.
Two analysts polled by Reuters had forecast a net profit of 376 and 372 million riyals respectively for the quarter.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- SABB gets Fitch ratings boost
- Saudi SABB prices $400m sukuk issue
- SABB prices $400m capital-boosting sukuk
- Shuaa Capital gets Moody's ratings upgrade
- QInvest ‘advised on $3.5bn sukuk in 2013’
- Al Hilal Bank wins top Islamic finance award
- Barwa Bank wins top Islamic banking awards
- ‘BPO offers big benefits for Saudi economy’
- Emaar approves bonds-to-shares conversion
- Higher oil production to boost Mena growth