ENBD eyes BNP Paribas Egypt buy by mid-May
Dubai, April 25, 2013
Emirates NBD, Dubai's biggest bank, plans to complete its acquisition of French lender BNP Paribas' Egyptian operations by mid-May, its chief executive said on Thursday.
"The completion should be finalised in mid-May," Rick Pudner said in a conference call to discuss the Dubai bank's quarterly earnings.
In December, ENBD announced it had agreed to buy the Egyptian business of BNP Paribas for $500 million in a first step towards diversifying beyond its Dubai base.
ENBD reported a 31 percent increase in first-quarter profit earlier on Thursday. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions