Barclays names wealth & investment director
Dubai, April 30, 2013
Barclays, a global specialist in private banking and wealth planning, has announced the appointment of Marc Hakim as director within the Wealth and Investment Management division.
Hakim holds more than 20 years of experience in the private banking and management industry and will be responsible for developing and servicing high net worth (HNW) and ultra-high net worth (UHNW) clients in the region.
Rory Gilbert, managing director and head of Wealth and Investment Management in Mena said: “Mena region remains an important focus for the Wealth and Investment Management division’s growth strategy. With the recent addition to the team, we have substantially complemented our strong existing set-up.”
“I am delighted to welcome Marc Hakim as we continue to expand the team. Marc’s appointment will add depth to our client management team covering the Middle East market, and he will be an integral part of the planned expansion of our high net worth proposition across the region,” he added.
Hakim joins Barclays from Bank Julius Baer where he was an executive director for the Middle East region.
He holds a Masters in Business Administration degree in International Business from Schiller International University, Paris. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar 'most expensive country in Gulf'
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards