EFG terminates deal with QInvest
Cairo, May 1, 2013
EFG Hermes, a top investment bank, said on Wednesday the long-stop date for completion of its deal with Qatari investment company QInvest had passed without approval by Egypt's financial regulator, and so the joint venture would automatically end.
"The long-stop date for the satisfaction of the conditions precedent for (the) joint venture agreement to proceed had been reached without receiving the necessary regulatory approvals from the Egyptian Financial Supervisory Authority (EFSA)," EFG said in a statement.
"As a result of the long stop date being reached, the joint venture agreement will automatically terminate," EFG said. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years