SEIB participates in Project Qatar
Doha, May 7, 2013
SEIB Insurance and Reinsurance Company has announced its participation at the ongoing Project Qatar 2013 at the Doha Exhibition Center.
Organised by IFP, the 10th International Trade Construction, Building, Environmental Technology & Materials Exhibition will attract key buyers and industry leaders looking for the most up-to-date technology and state-of-the art equipment available on the market.
“With all eyes on Qatar’s booming construction sector, Project Qatar has become an essential access point for industry heavy weights, foreign governments, trade associations and key decision makers to forge deals in Qatar,” said Farid Chedid, SEIB’s chief executive.
The event is now established as Qatar’s most important exhibition for highlighting the latest products and services needed for its fast growing construction sector and has become a destination of choice for regional and international industry professionals, a statement from the company said.
The four-day show will provide a unique and dynamic platform for buyers and suppliers to make contacts and drive future developments in Qatar’s multi-billion construction sector. Exhibitors benefit from massive exposure to premier regional agents, dealers, buyers and distributors
“Project Qatar 2013 is a perfect platform for SEIB to share its extensive experience in the insurance of large-scale projects,” said Farid Chedid. “Qatar’s development rate is phenomenal, and this growth is expected to continue for the foreseeable future. As the country gears up to host the Fifa World Cup in 2022, spending on essential projects, including the construction of stadiums, building a metro and national rail network, improving roads and more than doubling the number of hotel rooms in the country are all set to take shape.”
“The projects are thus going to get bigger in magnitude, and will call for more creative solutions to cover their insurance needs. This is where SEIB can step in, and we are more than happy to share our knowledge with exhibitor,” he said.
This year’s Project Qatar will unveil an advanced matchmaking platform for businesses to meet potential partners and suppliers, the statement said. Additionally, Project Qatar 2013 will introduce two new events - Facility Management Qatar and Man and Architecture, which will feature some of the most prominent architects in the world and host high level discussions on local architectural projects, challenges, and best practices.
Authorised by the Qatar Financial Center Regulatory Authority, SEIB Insurance provides tailor-made corporate and retail insurance solutions, and is especially known for handling complex risk cases.
Project Qatar 2013 comes to a close on May 9. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs