Waha Capital Q1 net profit triples
Abu Dhabi, May 12, 2013
Abu Dhabi investment firm Waha Capital said on Sunday that its first-quarter net profit surged on the back of strong performances at its portfolio companies.
Waha Capital posted a quarterly net profit of Dh85.3 million ($23.2 million), compared with Dh15.9 million for the year-ago quarter.
Profits were driven by key portfolio companies, including New York-listed aircraft lessor AerCap Holdings, UAE-based consumer finance company Dunia Finance, and Waha's advisory business, it said.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head