Shuaa Capital Q1 net loss narrows
Dubai, May 14, 2013
Shuaa Capital, the Dubai-based investment bank, said on Tuesday that its first-quarter net loss narrowed as it reduced operating costs by a third amid shrinking revenues.
Shuaa, which has laid off a third of its staff since 2011, said the quarterly net loss narrowed to 5.9 million dirhams ($1.6 million) from 8.5 million dirhams a year ago.
Revenue dropped to 36.2 million dirhams compared with 55.0 million dirhams, while operating expenses fell 33 percent to 40.7 million dirhams, Shuaa said. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson