NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
Kuwait, May 23, 2013
NBK Capital, a leading bank in Kuwait, has announced the sale of its equity stake in Dunya Goz, Turkey’s largest ophthalmology hospital chain, to the founding shareholder.
This is yet another realization for NBK Capital Equity Partners Fund I, the firm’s regional private equity fund focusing on growth capital opportunities in the Mena region, a statement said.
NBK Capital invested in Dunya Goz in 2010 and was instrumental in improving the financial discipline, strategic focus and corporate governance of the Company. These efforts allowed Dunya Goz to achieve long-term growth objectives expanding from six hospitals in four cities to eleven hospitals in eight cities.
Additionally, the company entered new international markets with successful operations in Germany, the UK and the Netherlands.
Amjad Ahmad, head of Alternative Investments at NBK Capital said: “We continue to drive substantial value in our portfolio companies and seek timely realizations to deliver returns to investors. Our strategy of investing in midmarket growth companies in the Mena region and actively driving key value initiatives continues to deliver positive results.”
NBK Capital Equity Partners Fund I, managed by NBK Capital as part of its Alternative Investments Group, is a $250 million private equity fund that specialises in acquiring strategic stakes in midmarket growth companies in the Mena region. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO