Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
Manama, May 24, 2013
BBK Brokerage Services, a division of BBK, has announced it successfully executed one of the largest trades on Bahrain Bourse.
BBK Brokerage Services represented its institutional client in the selling side for the total of 484,076,411 ordinary shares of Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) which is equivalent to 51 per cent of the total outstanding shares of BisB, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"Such transactions reinforce the bank's brokerage services position at the Bahrain Bourse as one of the top performers in terms of value and volume," BBK chief executive Abdul Karim Bucheery said.
BBK Brokerage Services said having established itself as one of the leading brokerage houses in the local stock market, it is also expanding its brokerage business by providing clients' with access to regional stock markets.
The bank's brokerage unit is lead by Zuhair Almurbati.
It has been extending brokerage services to clients by providing on-spot market updates and other value-added services. This is in addition to the handling of block deals for its clients.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk