NBAD appoints new GM
Abu Dhabi, May 28, 2013
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) has appointed Mark Watts as the general manager, head and chief investment officer of the bank's Asset Management Group.
Watts is tasked with enhancing the development of the investment proposition for NBAD’s segregated institutional business and mutual fund products as well as managing the independent investment process and performance. He also serves on the bank’s mutual fund and REIT board positions.
“Mark Watts has contributed significantly to distinguishing and differentiating NBAD’s Asset Management Group in the market place. The products he helped shape and manage have provided much needed income and growth to our client base,” says Rüdiger Von Wedel, senior general manager of Global Wealth of NBAD.
“I am convinced that Mark’s innovative approach, passion and leadership qualities will continue the Asset Management Groups successful track record.”
Watts has over 26 years of asset management experience having worked in London, the US, and with Asian clients. He is a certified financial analyst (CFA) Charter holder and Chartered Fellow of the CISI in London. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson