New group chief investment officer for NBAD
Abu Dhabi, June 4, 2013
National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD), the UAE’s leading bank, has appointed Claude-Henri Chavanon as the group chief investment officer and head of the investment group of NBAD.
Chavanon, who has served as the chief investment officer of NBAD Private Bank (Suisse) SA since 2007, will relocate to Abu Dhabi from Geneva, Switzerland. He has over 15 years of experience in investment management and business development across various asset classes, said a statement.
“Claude-Henri Chavanon is an experienced banker; a resourceful tactician who will advance NBAD’s investment strategies with innovation and vigour,” says Rüdiger Von Wedel, the senior general manager of global wealth of NBAD.
Chavanon holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with Finance degree from University of Geneva. He replaces Alan Durrant who left NBAD recently.
Chavanon will oversee NBAD’s investment strategies and vehicles. He will serve in the bank’s various investments management committees, and direct and manage the delivery of investment products across all NBAD business lines. He will also lead the NBAD House View as well as the strategic and tactical investment asset allocation for use by clients’ businesses, said the statement.
NBAD, one of the largest UAE banks by assets, is the first UAE bank to achieve $1 billion annual net profits, a feat it accomplished in 2011. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- Al Salam launches Asian real estate fund